– The whole meeting will be streamed online at https://scan2020.hu/stream-only-links/. This limited form is available for everybody who is interested (but without the chat, the possibility to ask questions, present a talk, submit a paper to the special issues). For those interested in the latter features, a registration is necessary.
– The program of the University String quartett Fiola:
W. A. Mozart: String Quartet KV 157
Farkas Ferenc: Six Old Hungarian Dances
W. A. Mozart: String Quartet KV 525
Musicians: Ágnes Kovács-Tóth 1st violin, Ágnes Egri 2nd violin, Tivadar M. Tóth viola, Jenifer Tusz violoncello.
– The detailed scientific program is now available. It is still subject to minor changes if really necessary.
– Unfortunately, our proposal to have a special issue of the Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics has been rejected. What remain are two special issues of Acta Cybernetica and Reliable Computing.
– The scan2020.hu web page applies MD5 encryption, the passwords are not sent to the conference participants any more, and no one can have access to the passwords.
– The program of the Monday classic guitar concert:
1. Claude Bolling: Borsalino (film: Borsalino)
2. Burt Bacharach: Close To You (film: So Close)
3. Harold Arlen: Over The Rainbow (film: The Wizard of Oz)
4. Stanley Myers: Cavatina (film: The Deer Hunter)
5. Miguel Llobet – El Noi de la Mare (Catalan song)
6. Heitor Villa-Lobos: Choro (Brazilian dance)
7. Leo Brouwer: Canción de Cuna (Afro-Cuban lullaby)
8. Heitor Villa-Lobos: Etude No.1 for Guitar in E minor
9. Johann Sebastian Bach: Sarabande, from Partita No.1 in B Minor, BWV 1002
10. Francisco Tárrega: Recuerdos de la Alhambra
– Some hints to record your talk before you submit it to the organizers:
– The online part of the conference will be available at https://scan2020.hu/
The Scientific Committee of SCAN 2020 has reached the decisions on the submitted abstracts, and all corresponding authors were informed on acteptance/rejection. If you have not obtained this message, contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organizers work now on the technical details. The conference will be administered by the local conference organization firm Regio10. In the near future you will obtain an email from them on the details of registration.
The conference starts in the morning of September 13, 2021, Monday, and ends in the afternoon of of September 15, 2021, Wednesday.
For each regular talk 25 minutes are allocated including questions, so regular sessions are 1 hour 40 minutes long. Coffee breaks last for 20 minutes. The schedule of a conference day will be: start at 9:00 Central European Time with a 40 minutes long plenary talk. Then a 20 minutes break, followed by regular talks, organized into 2 parallel sections (4*25 minutes each). The lunch break begins at 11:40, and lasts till 13:00. The afternoon talks begin at 13:00, and we can have 2 + 3 talks in both parallel sections with a 20 minutes break in between. Such a day will cover one plenary talk and all together 18 regular talks, and will end withouth delay at 15:25. We shall organize short live cultural programs for each afternoon starting at 16:00.
To utilize the possibilities of fully online conferences, the organizers ask the participants to record their talk in a video format, and submit it a few days before the meeting together with the slides in pdf or ppt format. We expect the speakers to be present online during their talk, answer the raised questions. We provide substantial technical support for the preparation of the videos. Exceptionally, participants may also held the talk live online – but according to our experiences, the possible technical difficulties will not allow that many speakers use this option. The technical moderators of the conference will start the uploaded video once delay is felt in the presentation. The questions and answers will be live. An online streaming will be given for the audience, and the participants may pass the related link of the streams to colleagues, doctoral students etc. The recorded streaming will also be available after the conference. The participants will have access to the presentation slides, thus they can be read during the talks.
The Workshop on Global Optimization (HUGO) is shifted for an indefinite date (http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/hugo/), and the satelite meeting of Coprod20 (http://coprod.constraintsolving.com/) will be held on Sunday, September 12, 2021.